An opportunity has become available for an Accounts Payable Officer to join a collaborative and cultural-focused organisation. This is a full-time permanent opportunity. As the successful candidate you will report to the Management Accountant and perform end-to-end accounts payable including such duties as; invoicing, inbox management, reconciliations and end of month processes. At some point this role will also take on part of the payroll function, however experience with this isn't necessary.
Working for this organisation allows you to work with a collaborative and supportive team who are passionate about their work. This opportunity is in the CBD of Brisbane with public transport readily available.
Reporting to the Management accountant, you will be responsible for working within a busy, enthusiastic and growing finance team.
Your key responsibilities will include, however are not limited to:
- Processing a high-volume of invoices (850 a month);
- Account reconciliations;
- Gaining necessary approvals for payment of invoices;
- Accurate coding and data input;
- Resolving queries via email and phone;
- Ad hoc reporting and accounts support to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the accounts team.
Skills and Experience:
As the suitable candidate you will have demonstrated experience as an Accounts Officer, Accounts Assistant or AP Officer.
In addition, you will demonstrate the ability to:
- Ability to work autonomously in an end to end accounts payable role
- Confidence and able to handle a fast, high pressure environment
- Demonstrate the ability to build strong professional relationships;
- Effective and adaptive communication skills;
- High attention to detail;
- Computer literacy in all Microsoft office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience with ERP systems.
How to Apply
Sharp & Carter often have a range of positions available that may not yet be advertised. If you feel this opportunity is interesting yet not quite right, then we recommend still putting in an application or sending your CV directly to the email address below. That way we can contact you to find out more about your career goals and aspirations, and we will ensure you stay updated and aware of exciting new vacancies in the market.
For more information about this opportunity, please call Antonia Teale for a confidential discussion on the details below.
0499 515 195