A great opportunity has become available for a highly experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to join a reputable and culture-focused organisation located in the inner south-eastern suburbs of Brisbane in a permanent full-time position.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for managing the accounts payable function, which will involve such duties as month-end, reporting, invoicing, reconciliations and payments. This role allows you to work in a fast-paced and thriving organisation while offering you a challenging yet rewarding opportunity. Your prior accounts payable experience, strong understanding of accounting principles and your drive for excellence will ensure you have a long and successful career with your new employer.
This position is an integral role in the finance team and requires a motivated and driven Accounts Payable Officer. Your key responsibilities will include, however are not limited to:
- Day to day processing of the accounts payable function including invoicing, payments, approvals, reconciliations, etc.
- Managing the accounts payable inbox and managing any queries in a timely manner;
- Ensuring compliance obligations are met;
- Managing company credit cards and reconciliations;
- Assisting employees with expense management system;
- Managing month-end processes;
- Processing and raising of credit notes and allocation of receipts;
- Ad hoc accounting support duties as required by senior management team.
Skills and Experience
As the suitable candidate for this position, you will hold prior relevant and recent experience as an Accounts Payable Officer within a professional business environment. In addition, you will also:
- Experience as a standalone AP Officer with demonstrated experience across the full function process;
- Understanding of accounts receivable responsibilities;
- Tertiary qualifications in finance and accounting (desirable not essential);
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to liaise confidently with colleagues;
- High attention to detail and level of accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience with large ERP system and expense management system.
Sharp & Carter are proud to partner with a reputable organisation for the appointment of an Accounts Payable Specialist in a permanent full-time position. The organisation is located in the eastern suburbs of Brisbane with parking available onsite. You will apply your accounts payable capabilities in a standalone AP position.
How to Apply
Sharp & Carter often have a range of positions available that may not yet be advertised. If you feel this opportunity is interesting yet not quite right, then we recommend still putting in an application or sending your CV directly to the email address below. That way we can contact you to find out more about your career goals and aspirations, and we can ensure you stay updated and aware of exciting new vacancies in the market.
For more information about this opportunity, please call Antonia Teale for a confidential discussion on the details below.
Principal Consultant - Business & Accounting Support
0491 257 346