Our client is seeking the skills of an Accounts Payable Officer to commence in a permanent full-time position as part of a collaborative team. The position is located in the northern suburbs of Brisbane. Your primary duty will be to process and pay outstanding accounts while also ensuring the management of relationships with business suppliers for the business.
As the Accounts Payable Officer, you will be able to contribute to the teams success and offer suggestions to ensure continuous improvement of processes and systems. You will have the continued support of the larger finance team and the senior accounts payable officer to ensure success of the accounts payable function.
- Process a high volume of invoices including petty cash and employee reimbursements;
- Prepare accurate and timely payment runs;
- Maintain new supplier requests accurately and in a timely manner;
- Manage and action all emails in the Accounts Payable inbox;
- Using Purchase Order system, match invoices to purchase orders raised;
- Liaising with suppliers and internal customers to ensure strong professional working relationships;
- End of month payable reconciliations and supplier account reconciliations;
- Attending to ad hoc requests in the broader accounts and finance team as requested.
Skills and Experience
- Experience processing accounts payable invoices daily with an ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment;
- Ease in building and maintaining relationships with key business suppliers;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
Sharp & Carter are proud to partner with a leading Non-For-Profit organisation to appoint an Accounts Payable Officer. The opportunity to commence with a reputable and influential finance team will allow you to grow your professional profile in a supportive and collaborative environment. Ideally seeking a candidate who can commence at short notice, this position is a permanent full-time role.
How to Apply
Sharp & Carter often have a range of accounting support positions available that may not yet be advertised. If you feel this opportunity is interesting yet not quite right, then we recommend still submitting an application or sending your CV directly to the email address below. That way we can contact you to find out more about your career goals and aspirations, and you will stay updated and aware of exciting new vacancies in the market.
For more information about this opportunity, please call Antonia Teale for a confidential discussion on the details below.
Principal Consultant - Business & Accounting Support
0491 257 346