Ryman Healthcare is the developer, designer, builder and operator of Retirement Living and Aged Care facilities across Australia and NZ. Ryman are a listed business employing over 6000 team members in Victoria and NZ, and currently one of Australasia's fastest growing employers.
Ryman currently has their strongest ever design/build pipeline, with 25 sites in their landbank at varying stages of development. To support this growth, they are currently looking to grow their in-house design team with the appointment of an Architecture Team Leader who will lead projects from concept design through to planning approval.
The Role – Architecture Team Leader
Reporting to the Group Design Manager, you will lead a team responsible for design and documentation of new villages from concept design through to planning approval. You will work closely with a broad range of internal stakeholders across Property Development, Design, Construction and Operations ensuring all parties are fully engaged in the design process. As Team Leader, you will have responsibility for managing, mentoring and inspiring a team of design professionals.
The buildings range from large scale commercial buildings & apartment blocks to townhouses. The Village Centres include commercial sized facilities, such as swimming pools, commercial kitchens, high level care facilities, restaurants, billiard rooms, cinemas and hair salons.
Successful applicants for this role will be Registered Architects with the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Architecture accompanied by professional registration
- 10+ years post-graduate experience
- Proven track record in the architectural design of large scale, complex construction projects.
- Strong understanding of town planning process, VCAT experience highly regarded
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire a team
- Excellent communication skills, collaborative approach and an ability to build strong relationships with diverse stakeholder groups.
Sharp & Carter Property recruitment have been retained to recruit this exciting leadership opportunity with Ryman Healthcare.
This role offers:
- Attractive salary package
- Unrivalled job security with a huge landbank for development
- Ongoing support for professional development
- Clear structure for career progression
- Opportunity to join the Ryman Employee Share Scheme
- Additional wellbeing leave and a flexible working policy
- A social and supportive team environment
- Associated corporate benefits
- Social club events, furry Friday's (bring your dog to work), free yoga and a free gym membership
All direct and third-party applications will be sent to Sharp & Carter for assessment.