Our client is a renowned ASX retail organisation who, despite the challenges of 2020, has continued to grow and capitalise on an increasing amount of market share within their sector. With a strong culture and top tier leadership team, this presents as an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Assistant Accountant to develop and grow with an industry leader.
The main areas of responsibility for the Assistant Accountant include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all assigned daily, weekly and monthly Financial Accounting team tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Preparation of month-end revenue, expense, accrual, prepayment and provision journals as well as other sundry journals, included the review and upload of journals from other business units.
- Overseeing revenue team mailbox and ensuring requests are processed in SAP in a timely manner.
- Contributing to team success during the month-end close process through completing all assigned tasks, proactively assisting with internal queries, and engagement with stakeholders on issues/variances as they arise to ensure a timely resolution.
- Timely, accurate and transparent reporting of financial accounting information to satisfy internal and external reporting requirements.
- Communicate closely with the Group Finance Manager and Financial Accounting Team Leader on key areas, review of work and specific concerns.
- Accounting/Commerce degree qualifications, currently undergoing CPA/CA qualifications or with the desire to commence
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar or relevant accounting role.
- Experience working in a medium to large business
- Experience working in a team environment, with active stakeholder engagement.
- Knowledge of SAP or equivalent system
- Demonstrates knowledge of accounting standards and core accounting functions.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Excellent numeracy skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication, both verbal and written
- Proficient computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Typing)
- Full Australian workers rights