As a Business Development Manager you are responsible for a portfolio of customers across the wholesale and retail market in QLD. Reporting directly to the State Sales manager, you will be accountable for the growth of your portfolio in volume, revenue and margin.
Experience needed dealing with Metcash and experience needed in the wholesale butchery/retail area preferred.
- Lead the overall strategy and implementation for Queensland Wholesale and Independent Retail customer base
- Meet and exceed sales targets within your portfolio of accounts
- Define customers sales targets, monitor performance, develop and implement growth strategies.
- Conduct business reviews to develop and implement growth strategies, sales targets and monitor business performance.
- Identify new business opportunities and develop relationships with key contacts in the Retail and whole market.
- Negotiating contracts and pricing with prospective client and answering questions around credit terms, products, prices and availability.
- Driving sustainable growth through the maintenance of store standards and ensuring optimum presence of all our products in store
- Planning and supporting the implementation of new business activities consistent with proposed Strategy and Customer Proposition.
- Support new products through new and existing customers.
- Execute national and state based promotional cycles and tactical sales plans within your portfolio.
- Map target business across your region and identify businesses who would benefit from a relationship with the company
- Business Development experience in roles with progressive responsibility, ideally an understanding or exposure to fresh produce and FMCG market.
- The ability to create and leverage cross functional relationships at all levels across the business and FMCG industry
- Ability to set agenda, build executional plans and lead large sophisticated teams including administration and field representatives
- Ability to analyse data and use results to drive business growth.
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships in a fast paced environment heavily reliant on cross functional working.
- Confident in running multiple projects and working in a rapid paced, high-output environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present business reviews both internally and to key customers.
- Ability to understand a P&L and use data to make informed commercially target decisions.
- Competitive base salary + Car & Super
- Highly autonomous role with great work life balance
- A market leading business with huge growth mindset
The company operates according to a strong values system, so you must be comfortable working in an organisation where respect, integrity and honesty are fundamental to everything they do. They pride themselves on being visionary and their dynamic management team drive a culture of continuous improvement at every service level.
Please use the link to apply, or for a confidential conversation please contact Corey Fairhall - firstname.lastname@example.org