Port of Melbourne is Australia’s largest maritime Port for containerised and automotive cargo with a total trade value of over $90 billion annually. The Port of Melbourne supports the prosperity of thousands of businesses and the daily lives of families across Victoria and south-eastern Australia.
Port of Melbourne have exclusively retained Sharp & Carter to recruit a Senior Property Manager.
This role sits within The Port of Melbourne’s internal Property team and reports directly to the Head of Property. The positions’ objective is to be the central point of contact for a defined portfolio of clients and assets to ensure key responsibilities are met including but, not limited to:
- Interact with tenants, developers, and Port of Melbourne departments to ensure that both private enterprise property projects and Port of Melbourne projects are coordinated in terms of scope and timing.
- In managing an allocated portfolio of leases, licences, and preferential berthing licence agreements, you will optimise returns to Port of Melbourne and limit Port of Melbourne’s property related risk exposure.
- Commercial negotiations with prospective tenants, and establishment of new tenant performance criteria.
- Manage all lease, licence, and preferential berthing licence agreements within the allocated portfolio.
- Managing revenue and outgoings on all portfolio assets to maximise returns.
- Assist in the coordination of capital and recurrent projects.
- Tertiary qualification in Property related field or 5+ yeas Commercial Property Management experience
Understands Federal codes, statutes and State legislation relevant to property management.
- Understanding of economics, financial accounting and modelling
- Well-developed knowledge of property management practices and procedures
- Understands lease agreements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Stakeholder Management and negotiation skills
The Port of Melbourne are an award-winning employer and that present the chance to join a progressive business based in a wonderfully modern and central office location. This role will see you to manage a diverse and challenging portfolio whilst providing a strong remuneration package, welcoming and high performing office culture and enabling you to progress your career.
This role is being handled exclusively by Sharp & Carter. All direct and third-party applications will be forwarded to Sharp & Carter for assessment.
To apply please submit your CV via the link or for further enquiries please contact;
jshiells@sharpandcarter,com,au / 0411 256 983