Our partner is one of Australia's leading energy retailers, working every day to make energy more affordable, more sustainable, smarter and easier. They are fully integrated and supply customers with electricity, natural gas, LPG and solar.
With a keen eye on technological advances, they are commited to revolutionising the customer experience and challenging the status quo on service, delivery and real value.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Compliance in a newly created business unit you will play a leading role in empowering teams to effectively manage their compliance obligations in a highly regulated arena. Some of the activities you that will be a part of your day to day are:
- Interpret and communicate complex regulatory changes; work closely with leaders and provide management of change support to business leaders.
- Responsibility for leading the investigation and remediation of compliance incidents; draft persuasive responses to regulators on complex issues.
- Ensuring that regulatory compliance obligations are documented and mapped to relevant controls in your areas of responsibility.
- Design and deliver training, summaries and guidelines to drive compliance awareness and culture across the business; lead Q&A sessions with business stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain strong internal stakeholder relationships and external regulator relationships
You will be a seasoned compliance professional who is accustomed to working across highly regulated environments. Some of your attributes may include the following:
- 6+ years in a compliance, regulatory, legal or related role
- Deep and broad expertise on regulatory frameworks with the ability to upskill quickly
- Seasoned judgement and excellent communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and influence senior leadership decision making
- Independence in decision making and resolution of problems, exercising sound judgement and leadership on compliance issues
- Creative problem-solving skills, flexible and adaptable
This role is exclusive to Sharp & Carter Legal