An opportunity has arisen for a strong Costing Accountant to join a well-established, and respected organisation within Retail. This is a great opportunity for a can-do candidate who excels in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative environment. Collaborate closely within the finance team and engage cross-functionally within the wider business.
About the role
Reporting into the Head of Finance, this roles duties & responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Analyze costs to improve efficiency and reduce expenses.
- Oversee inventory, monitor procurement and storage costs, and resolve discrepancies.
- Estimate costs for new projects and products, creating budgets to aid decision-making.
- Determine ongoing production costs and support pricing and profitability assessment.
- Prepare cost reports and financial analyses for management.
- Set and manage standard costs, analyze variances, and rectify inefficiencies.
- Redesign accounting systems for accurate data capture.
- Assist external auditors to ensure compliance with accounting standards.
- Work with other departments to improve cost efficiency.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities and streamline processes.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Strong cost accounting knowledge and experience
- Experience with a large ERP system, with knowledge of Power BI advantageous
- High attention to detail and a results-driven, organized approach to meeting tight deadlines.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- CA/CPA (qualified or part-qualified)
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Claudia Freiha at firstname.lastname@example.org