Our client is a market leading business, who are renowned for their variety and trusted range of products, servicing on a national scale. With a commitment to quality and assurance, they are continually recognized as innovators in their field with over 75 years of successful business operations.
Our client is committed to continual improvement through R&D and employ a large workforce domestically and overseas. They present an opportunity for an experienced and committed Credit Team Leader to join the team and assist the Managers and support the accounts receivable team.
This role is a Full Time Permanent position in Pakenham, with five days in the office.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Group Credit Manager, the Credit Controller will play a key role within the credit team and actively support the managers and accounts receivable team. Most importantly the role will set out to protect the company’s investments within receivables through compliance, customer management, managing outstanding credits and minimising bad debts. The position has a strong customer focus and a premium on maintaining exemplary standard.
Your responsibilities would include but not limited to:
- Minimise the working capital bind in the receivables - overseeing the debtors aged trial balance, ensuring overdue accounts are being promptly contacted and collected in accordance with credit policy.
- Develop and maintain open and close relationships with the major accounts in the portfolio.
- Monitor and maintain appropriate customer credit limits through analysis of sales patterns and credit risk.
- Customer liaison
- Monitor orders on credit hold.
- Manage the release of credit held orders in accordance with credit policy.
- Complete customer account reconciliations
- Closely liaise with salespeople regarding credit issues arising with customers.
- Resolve customer queries in relation to credit control.
- Monitor and follow up with the appropriate areas for the resolution of customer deductions and credit claims.
- Dealing with accounts that have Administrators including liaising with Administrators and Lawyers.
- Assessment of credit worthiness, determining credit limits and payment terms
- Initiate receivables journals and adjustments as required.
- Advise Credit Manager on daily, weekly and monthly basis on incoming cash flow forecasts
The successful candidate will possess a team first attitude and the ability to be adaptive in an environment of frequent changes and innovation, as well as impeccable interpersonal skills and a customer first mentality. Additionally, the successful Credit Team Leader will have sound business understanding and place a premium on building professional and personal relationships across departments.
Candidates with at least 4 years credit control experience in a similar role and accounts receivable banking administration, in conjunction to exposure to PPSA, Microsoft Dynamics, Word and Excel.
- Job security within a secure and in-demand market
- On-site car parking
- Vibrant and collaborative culture
- Morning tea and lunches
- Training and ongoing support offered