As the Credit Officer, you will be responsible for managing the credit risk taken by the business when providing credit to customers while also balancing with the need to provide credit to generate sales. You will have regular interactions with the wider accounts and finance team to ensure the success of the wider business objectives. You will report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of a medium-sized organisation and be an integral member of a supportive and collaborative business.
- Coordinating the end to end credit processing;
- Setting up and reviewing the credit limits of all new and existing customers in line with company credit policies and procedures;
- Setting up new customer accounts and ensuring constant upkeep of current customer accounts on the internal database;
- Reviewing all credit applications and assessing credit worthiness;
- Approving requests for extensions to limits for customers;
- Assigning or lifting customers 'no supply' status as and when required;
- Transferring accounts to legal debtors recovery when required;
- Assessing and releasing orders on hold in a timely and efficient manner;
- Participating in audit preparation for the credit department and taking part when required;
- Assisting with key projects for the credit department to improve efficiencies.
- Demonstrated recent and relevant experience as a standalone Credit Officer or Credit Controller for a medium sized business;
- Experience with Pronto (desirable);
- Strong relationship building skills with internal stakeholders and customers;
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and prioritise work;
- Exceptionally high attention to detail with strong accuracy;
As the newly appointed Credit Officer, you will be an integral member of a medium-sized multi-site business. With strong employee tenure and modern office facilities, this organisation has a respectful and engaged workforce. Located in the southern suburbs of Brisbane, this position has parking available onsite.
How to Apply
If this position aligns with your next career move, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. For more information about this opportunity, please call Antonia Teale, Principal Consultant - Accounting Clerical for a confidential discussion on 0491 257 346 or via email email@example.com.