Our client is a highly regarded employer, both from a professional and cultural perspective. The business values a high performing team environment, whilst constantly challenging their Credit processes and improving their efficiency. Renowned for their reputation amongst families, teachers and students, this business will provide you the opportunity to make a crucial difference with their back office finance operations. Please note this role will also have oversight of Accounts Payable, but 1 days work per week, and our client are not of the expectation that the successful candidate will have experience having managed members within the Accounts Payable function.
NOTE - This is a full time 6 month contract position with the view that this role will be made permanent.
Overseeing a team of 54accounting transactional team members, your responsibility will include a balance of 'juicy' hands on projects and day to day leadership.
- Overseeing the end to end operations of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams; including tasks relating to master data
- Coordinating the contracts and payments of school fees in
advance (SFIA) including the maintenance of the SFIA general ledger accounts and SFIA master worksheet
- Review general ledger reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Provide recommendations to the Head of Finance on debtors
accounts with exceptional circumstances or delinquent accounts
- Prepare debtors reports for Head of Finance to include in Council meeting papers as required
- Review all monthly creditor invoices/statements as prepared by the Accounts Payable Team
- Supporting the financial reporting processes and completion of
- Prepare external financial reports such as BAS
- Proven experience overseeing an accounts receivable/accounts payable function in a medium to large enterprise
- Expert knowledge in managing process improvement projects
- 'Hands on' attitude and resilient mindset
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with a diverse range of key stakeholders
- Work with a wonderful group individuals that have a passion for their role and continuous improvement mindset
- Attractive remuneration and benefits for candidates that have young families
- Receive job satisfaction through making a difference and adding enormous value to a community
- Attractive salary offering
- Please note - this role is 6 months with a strong view to be made permanent and our client can wait for a candidate with a notice period.
To apply online, please click on the link provided. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, contact Candace Page via email - Cpage@sharpandcarter.com.au