Our client is an Australian business that is highly successful and continues to grow.
This permanent role is primarily responsible for the design and maintenance of our clients data environment as well as connections in and out of the database environment.
This role is responsible for ensuring that all data within the environment is accessible, secure and backed up at all times as well as coordinating with both internal and external parties to ensure that data flows successfully and securely between all systems.
This is a permanent role based in Melbourne (eastern suburb location + remote work)
- Ensure that all databases are managed in line with best industry practices
- Management of databases across multiple variants of SQL including MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL and Informix
- Responsible for the architecture and integration of the database environment
- Ensure availability of data via internal and external API’s
- Ensure that all databases are available within business hours or otherwise agreed timeframes
- Ensure that all databases are maintained, being upgraded, and patched in accordance with business needs
- Ensure that all data is secure and backed up at all times
- Ensure all relevant data is adequately indexed and databases are optimised
- Maintain documentation for all database environment
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the database environment, providing recommendations to technology leadership team
Technology & Project Support:
- Works with other members of the technology team to ensure data is available for relevant reporting requirements
- Ensures corporate IT policies, procedures and standards are developed and enhanced
- Review and identify potential risks within the technology systems and develop plans to minimise/mitigate risks
- Contribute to change management for all systems within the technology environment.
This role will require strong skills with the following applications and tools:
- Proven experience of at least 5 years in database administration
- Experience with MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL (Informix is nice to have)
- Well-developed understanding of change management and release management processes
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact Vincent at email@example.com