This resource will be the SME for cloud and on-prem Database within the business and will be responsible for the build, deployment, maintenance and support of application databases, as well as contributing to improvements in database standards, procedures and best practices within the business. You will also work collaboratively within the broader MTG for the performance, integrity, and security of our databases.
Minimum Requirements for the role:
- A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in Technology and 5 years in a Database Administrator capacity
- Professional experience working as a Database Administrator.
- Troubleshooting and maintaining database scripts such as stored procedure, views, etc.
- Contribute to the Database technical discussions and the maturity of the teams standards and processes
- Strong vendor management skills
- Good troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Solid experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining database systems in a range of environments, both on-prem and cloud (Azure, AWS) including:
- Database installation, setup, and configuration
- Database back-up & recovery
- Database availability, support & maintenance
- Capacity & resource management
- Performance & tuning
- Version upgrades and software patching
- Database Security
- Professional experience in the following technologies
- RDBMS such as MSSQL
- Experience with high availability and disaster recover solutions
- Experience in database performance monitoring and alerting tools such as New Relic, Brent Ozar, Splunk, etc.
- Managed SQL and NoSQL in the cloud (Azure, AWS)
- Understanding of DevOps tools and technologies such as JIRA, Confluence, CI/CD pipelines
- Automation and scripting experience using PowerShell, Ansible, shell scripting or programming languages such as .NET, JAVA, Python or Go
Nice to have:
- Have been a developer in your current career or in the past
- Worked on data lake and data factory
Apply now or contact Steve Tratt at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.