An excellent opportunity has become available for a debt collection professional to join a reputable and culture-focused business in a long-term contract with the view of permanency. Commencing as soon as possible, the position will work in a supportive environment where you will apply your debt collection and accounts receivable skills. This organisation provide consumer goods to a large client base and they are located in the western suburbs of Brisbane with parking available onsite.
This role allows you to work in a fast-paced and thriving team while offering you a challenging yet rewarding opportunity. As a debt collection officer you will be responsible for building and maintaining lasting relationships with customers while chasing unpaid funds. Some of your additional duties will include issuing invoices, chasing unpaid bills, reconciling debtor statements, monthly reporting and managing relationships with clients.
Reporting to the Accounts Receivables & Debt Collection Team Supervisor, you will be responsible for chasing payments from key clients while maintaining professional relationships.
Your key responsibilities will include, however are not limited to:
- Maintaining a ledger of outstanding customer payments and following up for payment via phone and email;
- Building strong and lasting relationships with customer by exercising empathy and understanding;
- Raising and issuing invoices for payment;
- Allocation of payment;
- Effective negotiation of payment plans;
- Ad hoc support for the debt collection and accounts receivable process.
Skills & Experience
As the suitable candidate for this position, you will have demonstrated experience in debt collection or accounts receivable and be driven to advance your skills in a high-volume and fast-paced business. You will thrive in a collaborative team environment and have a strong work ethic.
In addition, you will demonstrates:
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and ability to learn new systems and processes with ease;
- Flexible work approach to meet the varying demands of an ever-changing and fast-moving environment;
- Accurate data entry skills;
- Ability to follow a process-driven environment;
- Effective and adaptive communication skills.
Sharp & Carter are proud to partner with a reputable and well-known organisation. Located in the western suburbs of Brisbane, our client has parking onsite and a friendly and supportive team culture. The organisations longstanding employees are passionate about continuing to hold a highly sought-after reputation of collaboration, support and fun.
How to Apply
If this position aligns with your next career move, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. For more information about this opportunity, please call Antonia Teale - Principal Consultant Accounting & Business Support for a confidential discussion.
0491 257 346