La Trobe is a university known for making a positive difference in the lives of our students, partners and communities. Ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide, La Trobe is Victoria’s only true state-wide university with campuses located in Melbourne (Bundoora), Melbourne (CBD), Bendigo, Albury-Wodonga, Mildura and Shepparton.
About University City of the Future
La Trobe University's Melbourne Campus at Bundoora with its substantial landholdings and location at the gateway to Melbourne's growing north, provides unparalleled opportunities for the University and the wider community. Over the next decade, La Trobe University is evolving into a world-class University City of the Future at our 235-hectare Melbourne campus in Bundoora. The new infrastructure will turn our campus 'inside out' and welcome the local community onto the campus as a place to live, learn, work, socialise and stay healthy.
It will transform our campus into exciting new precincts:
- A major Health and Wellbeing Hub will improve access to health services and include a private hospital, aged care facilities and additional childcare
- A world-class Sports Park for teaching, research, community participation and elite sport
- A transformed Research and Innovation Precinct focussing on our world-class strengths in:
- Agribioscience and Food and Fibre
- Health and Wellbeing
- Digital Technology and Cyber
- Better transport links to further boost economic activity on campus and in Melbourne's north
- A new town centre for Melbourne's north with extra commercial, retail and cultural space and hundreds of millions of dollars in private investment opportunities
- Environmental corridor and green spaces for students and the community
Reporting to the Executive Director, Infrastructure and Operations, this role is responsible for implementing development projects identified in the UCOF including attracting industry partners and managing a property portfolio that expands across Victoria. Effective leadership of a team of property professionals who can initiate and deliver commercial developments, develop asset strategies and provide real estate management of a retail and commercial portfolio of over 150 properties is the key focus of the role.
With a strong commercial focus, the position will identify and drive commercial development opportunities from inception to delivery; work with the Director of Master Planning Sustainability and Systems to create campus masterplans that facilitate the development opportunities; work with the Executive Director of University City of the Future – Business Development and Director of Industry Engagement to attract industry partners to be a part of the Research and Innovation Ecosystem for the University City of the Future and our Regional campuses.
Key to your success will be an ability to attract key commercial partners across a diverse range of development opportunities and build excellent relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders including senior University Executives, State and Local Government departments, Community Stakeholders, Industry and Private partners.
Successful applicants for this role will be Property Development Professionals with the following skills and experience:
- Proven ability to initiate and deliver mixed use development projects through integrating government and industry partnerships to achieve optimum financial outcomes and other business-to-business benefits.
- Sound commercial management skills, including experience in undertaking feasibility studies, business cases and developing and managing budgets, cost estimation and project financial requirements
- Strong understanding of leasing and property management
- Proven ability to demonstrate leadership and manage a team of professionals with the ability to articulate issues at senior levels within both the public and private sector.
- High level of emotional intelligence with the ability to engage and influence outcomes in a complex environment
- Flexible approach, with the ability to adapt and adjust to changing project plans
Sharp & Carter Property recruitment have been exclusively retained to recruit this rare opportunity to lead a major development program and shape the future direction of La Trobe University.
This position offers a three-year fixed term contract with an attractive salary package and associated benefits.
Why work at La Trobe: http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Ewan Ogilvie on 0498637330 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
All direct and third party applications will be sent to Sharp & Carter for assessment.