This is a full-time permanent role that reports into the Development Lead. You will be part of a strong development team and working in a fast paced retail environment that is focused on supporting the major brands of one of Australia's largest retail giant's online shopping solutions across Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Malaysia.
- This role involves working with the Digital Solutions and eCommerce Teams across the following key areas:
- Design and develop the online shopping application to ensure compliance with application development standards with a Responsive / Mobile First mentality
- Collaborate with and mentor other developers, designers, and architects to ensure the configuration and custom components and classes meet application requirements as well as performance goals, stability goals, PCI Compliance, etc.
- Ensure high quality of code by performing unit testing and following best practices including document code during development to ensure maintainability
- Fix defects, performance and stability problems during testing cycles
- Optimise websites to ensure the best experience through understanding and analysis of users’ behaviours.
- 3-5 Years eCommerce experience in software development and writing multithreaded, high-volume transactional code.
- Experience using SAP Commerce (previously known as Hybris) with working knowledge on Backoffice customizations.
- Excellent understanding of Spring/Spring MVC framework, JUnit/Spock testing framework.
- Good understanding of B2C eCommerce
- Working knowledge of MySQL and DB design
- Working knowledge of REST/SOAP web services
- Familiar with middleware integration through applications such as WPS, IIB, Message Queue, JDBC or similar
- Well-developed problem-solving skills to troubleshoot issues
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Self-motivated and able to work independently. Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Having the natural drive to learn and pick up new techniques and technologies.
Good to Have:
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure hosting platforms preferably AWS
- Experience in SEO and optimising website performance
- Knowledge of APM tools like New Relic, Dynatrace etc.
- Self- motivated and creative
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical team members
- Familiarity with JIRA or similar Agile-focused tools and experience with agile project management methodology
- Strong customer service skills to manage internal and external customers
What's in it for you?
- A varied, exciting and ever evolving retail environment
- Incentive scheme linked to your performance
- A vibrant, team orientated culture where we embrace pace and encourage new ideas and leadership.