Permanent job opportunity based in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne.
Possibility of working fully remote if needed.
Our client is looking for a highly motivated Embedded Software Engineer with outstanding technical skills. Our client is in growth mode as they look to bring on new customers and accelerate the roll-out of their connected services/IoT product portfolio. You will work on projects with the circuit design team, which has full control over hardware devices' design, development, and deployment.
The work environment is friendly but focused, free of bureaucracy and empowering to those with ideas and a strong team spirit. Priorities can change frequently, but sustainable workloads are maintained.
- Whole project experience including requirements, design, development, unit test and maintenance
- Clean coding / Refactoring.
- Maintaining a clean issue tracker.
- Fix issues with a mindset of addressing the root cause.
- Bare metal FW development
- Ensuring work is documented and explicit so that others can carry on the job with minimal hand-over in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable including appropriate testing
- 3+ years of embedded software development experience
- Knowledge of C & C++ programming languages
- Experienced in producing (very) reliable FW – cannot just restart it
- Understand microprocessor/controller and peripheral data sheets
- Familiarity with test equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, logic analysers, etc
- An innate ability to debug code and help find that hidden fault
o Mobile network communications
o Vehicle CAN Bus
o Low level driver development
o Can read and understand schematic diagrams
o ARM or other 32 bit CPUs (MIPs?)
o Operating test equipment
Desired skills and experience
- Understanding of telematics / IoT related technologies
- Familiarity with vehicle CAN Bus
- Experience with automated testing
- Familiarity with cloud technologies