Reporting to the Director of FP&A and supporting the Senor Finance Business Partnering team, the role will support the development and execution of the organisations strategy through providing sound revenue and operational business analysis.
You will be required to business partnering with the the CFO, GM Finance, GM Strategy and a number of other senior decision makers and provide critical insights and influence commercial outcomes. Specifically, your role will include:
Financial reporting and analysis
- Undertake financial analysis of operational strategies to ensure efficient utilisation of resources, identifying opportunities to improve financial results.
- Provide a link between finance and operational functions, and provide support to the senior finance business partner
- Support financial decision-making through the provision of timely, accurate and useful information to management.
- Support managers with their understanding of the business and key variables within it.
- Assist with the development of financial planning within the relevant department, ensuring strategy, workforce, activity and finances are aligned.
- Ensure financial plans are accurately reflected in budgets and adhere to agreed assumptions.
- Assist department and cost centre managers in identifying opportunities for cost savings and income generation/maximisation, ensuring robust challenge and scrutiny.
- Take responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of month end financial reporting for relevant departments, working closely with the financial accounting team to ensure all transaction processing is complete in line with communicated deadlines.
- Communicate material variances to budget to the senior finance business partner and as required, prepare written monthly commentary including variance analysis.
- Proactively communicate and follow up key issues with managers.
- Prepare monthly forecasts based on trend analysis, discussion with budget managers and business knowledge.
- Identify and explain variances between forecast and actual results, using this information to minimise future forecast variances.
- In conjunction with the senior finance business partner, communicate forecasts to managers in a timely manner.
- Provide robust financial modelling to support business cases, tenders and new initiatives within the departments.
You are high energy and commercially focused individual who is committed to making a difference and driving improved outcomes for the organisation you work for. Ideally applicants will have a proven background in Finance within Commercial Analyst or Management Accounting roles which had a strong business partnering requirement. With intermediate to advanced excel skills, your interpersonal and communication skills are first class, allowing you to gain the confidence of and develop strong professional relationships with those both above and below you in the organisational structure.
My client is one of Melbourne's largest healthcare providers who boasts a well-recognised and established brand, is a market leader and is undergoing a period of growth and expansion to deliver improved services to the community.
What's on Offer
- Initial 6 month Fixed Term Contract (High likelihood that the role will transfer to a permanent role
- South Eastern Suburbs Location
- $105,000 + Superannuation + Salary Packaging + 7.6 weeks annual leave
- Innovative and entrepreneurial environment
- Career development opportunities
- An opportunity to be a part of a high performance finance team
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Adam Koch on 0414 272 260.