Sharp & Carter has been exclusively engaged by one of Australia's premier ASX listed organisation's based here in Melbourne. An instantly recognisable household name, this business needs no introduction when it comes to technology and innovation. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the business in a temporary role and add a bona-fide blue-chip corporate name to the CV!
Reporting into the Head of Finance Business Partnering you will contribute to the success of Business Function by identifying new opportunities to improve revenue or reduce costs, assessing project financial outcomes and benchmarking operational performance. Your duties will include, but are not limited to;
- Identifing key commercial business improvement initiatives
- Assessing expenditure (opex, maintenance and capital) and benefit realisation plans and support implementation with project managers and business owners
- Undertake scenario modelling and “what if” analysis and provide financial support and modelling input into business cases for major development projects, capital expenditure, business initiatives, systems implementations and major procurement contracts
- Provide required level of finance support for projects, including major development, maintenance and technology projects, M&A activity, and debt and equity capital markets transactions
- Critically assess major operating and capital expenditure against budgets and alternatives, challenging business to deliver cost effective appropriate expenditure
- Partnering with Reporting, Forecasting and Analytics team, support the Business with ad-hoc finance reporting needs to drive tactical decisions
- Review and preparation of commentary for monthly management reporting (review and approval for monthly management reports before release to Leadership Team and external investors)
- Track performance against strategic goals, business plans and budgets and work with the Leadership team to develop programs, initiatives and actions for the delivery
- Other ad hoc and project tasks as directed.
The Ideal Candidate
CA / CPA qualified, you will have come from a large and complex environment and be excited by the prospect of working in a large ASX listed business. You will have a natural ability to build meaningful relationships with both finance and non finance stakeholders.
How to Apply
To apply, please follow the appropriate links otherwise please contact Jason Tran on firstname.lastname@example.org.