Harris HMC has a “We listen. We deliver.” mantra which is the key to their success and exponential growth over the past 35 years. Harris HMC is a family owned and operated business at its core, with the hallmarks of a larger organisation, striving to be a Top 1% Company in the building Industry. This means for the work they do, for their clients and for their staff. When you join the team, you will see that our people embrace the Top 1% vision and it is an essential element incorporated into everything they do.
The business operates under five divisions - Construction, Interiors, Maintenance, Electrics and Plumbing, across a wide range of clients and industries. Their diversity has set the business to be poised to continue on its trajectory long into the future.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the CFO, you will lead a team across accounts payable and administration, working alongside the Senior Management Accountant, IT Manager and Payroll Manager to provide expertise across management accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, and advice to our senior leaders to assist them in meeting their business objectives.
- Provide timely, complete and accurate financial information to be used by management to assist them in making sound business decisions.
- Establish controls and procedures in order that accurate, reliable and complete financial information is being processed.
- Develop accounting policies and procedures and ensure they comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure the Financial Accounting, Accounts Payable and Reception functions operate in an efficient and timely manner.
- Aid in the preparation of annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Provide financial analysis as needed, i.e. capital investments, pricing decisions & contract negotiations
- Lead and develop the team to be the best they can be through coaching and mentoring
- With a passion for business intelligence help drive holistic systems improvements to evolve and elevate the function across the group.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- CA / CPA qualifications with a background in a Chartered and/or Public Practice environment.
- Solid knowledge of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation and statutory requirements and standards
- Experience delivering accurate and insightful financial and management reports
- Good working knowledge of cost accounting, budgeting, and forecasting
- A passion for excel and business intelligence and have demonstrated ability to handle large volumes of data, exposure to BI systems and SQL desirable
- Proven experience implementing systems and process improvement that drive efficiency
- Comfortable being hands on, you will be ambitious and have a desire to grow with an entrepreneurial and exciting business going through positive growth and change.
- Experience managing, mentoring and developing staff, and enjoy building relationships with both financial and non financial stakeholders.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Petrou on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0402 664 423.
*Please note all third party applications will be re-directed to Sharp & Carter for consideration.