This is a newly created role owing to constant growth and acquisition for a Financial Accountant on an initial fixed term period of 6 months. Working within a very modern, and dynamic environment, you will be supporting Shared services and two specific business units focusing on financial reporting and process improvement. The role will see the individual take ownership of delivery of month end reporting, inclusive of balance sheet, profit and loss, management reporting and other Group Reporting requirements.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the main duties will include:
- Manage financial reporting including balance sheet, profit and loss, management reporting and other Group Reporting requirements.
- Manage preparation of journals to ensure all month end transactions are posted into the general ledger.
- Review existing processes for improvement and develop new processes where gaps are identified across the divisional portfolio.
- Develop and manage preparation of general ledger reconciliations and responsibility for clearing of reconciliation items.
- Improve existing ways of working by conducting thorough root-cause analyses of inherent process issues and engage stakeholders where relevant to enable collaborative decision-making on agreed improvements.
- Manage payments and customer accounts reconciliation.
- Support ways of working across the finance teams, specifically closer working with Shared Services to leverage financial accounting capabilities to support the portfolio.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis using commercial acumen and calling out key drivers for variances
The successful applicant will possess
We are seeking an exceptional individual who has held a similar role within a complex organisation. Taking a hands-on approach, you will demonstrate strong technical experience whilst also possessing strong communications and the ability to influence. ACA / CPA / CIMA qualification is essential. FMCG/Inventory experience is advantageous.
About the Client
Our client is a leader nationally, consistently growing by organic growth and acquisition, and listed on the ASX. This business is focused on long-term career and professional development, there is a real chance of a permanent opportunity available for the right candidate. This organisation offers an exceptional working environment including full flexible working or a desk in the CBD.
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Leigh Jones at email@example.com