An exciting opportunity within a true industry-leading organisation currently exists in order to fill a role in their finance team. Taking a hands-on approach, this Financial Accountants' position will help assist in the management and communication of the companies’ financial & corporate accounting activities on both a domestic and international scale. Initially, this role will commence as a contract role with then the view to transition permanent early in the New Year.
Reporting into the Group Finance Manager, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for month-end close.
- Assist in identifying aged reconciling items on the balance sheet and work closely with stakeholders to clear them on a timely basis.
- Assist in preparing reports and review the results with relevant stakeholders prior to submission.
- Assist in completing the annual Statutory Accounts process accurately and in a timely manner to meet statutory reporting requirements.
- Assist in identifying process improvement opportunities to realise financial reporting efficiencies.
- Managing CBA and Westpac Online Portals, Petty Cash and Card management for House accounts, Power BI Reports for Payroll.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with Australian Accounting Standards (AASB).
- Develop collaborative working relationships cross-functionally across the organisation
- Establish strong working relationships with external parties especially banking partners as well as external auditors, internal auditors, government agencies, independent Trust Fund Manager, and other stakeholders to build collaborative partnerships.
- Provide timely assistance to Finance, Operations and Shared Services teams as needed.
Ideally, you will be a fully CA/CPA qualified accounting professional or studying towards, and will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills as your ability to interact and engage cross functionally within the business will be crucial to your success. Additionally, you will have strong Microsoft Excel skills, had experience working in a complex & dynamic environment and possess a positive "can-do" work ethic.
About the client
Our client is an industry-leading organisation. They have a strong track record of growth, have been identified as an "employer of choice" in the industry.
How to apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Chloe Sheppard at firstname.lastname@example.org