An opportunity has arisen for a strong technical all-round Financial Accountant to join a well- established, and respected organisation, who are true leaders within their field. Taking a hands-on approach, this role will be responsible for Real Estate, accounting for Leasing and all other property costs in accordance with IFRS16. You will also take ownership for all property, plant and equipment accounting inclusive of WIP accounts. This role reports to the Financial Controller.
The main duties include:
- Responsible for all Property, Plant and Equipment accounting including Clearing and Work-In-Progress accounts.
- Responsible for Real Estate, accounting for Leasing and all other property costs.
- Assist with the completion of the month-end cycle within clearly defined timelines, including accounting for projects (Capex and Opex) and review of project costs.
- Take ownership of the depreciation process including monthly posting, variance analysis, forecasting, budgeting, and ad hoc reporting where required.
- Ensure maintenance of project master data, including project codes and asset shells.
- Ensure allocated balance sheet reconciliations are completed monthly with appropriate resolution of all reconciling items.
- Supporting the Senior Accountants in the completion of comprehensive analytical reviews across key P&L/balance sheet items and proactively managing resolution of queries.
- Establish and maintain audit trails.
- Proactively determine opportunities to streamline and/or automate processes.
- Assist with the integration of new practices and business relationships into the control framework.
- Provide support for the half-year, interim & year-end audit processes.
The successful applicant will have
- Qualified CPA or CA preferably from a big 4 or mid-tier firm
- Proven working knowledge of IFRS16 is essential
- Hands on experience in property accounting and project environment.
- Recognised ERP system experience such as Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft
- Excellent communications and the ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders
About the client
Well established, our client is a true leader globally within the Healthcare industry. This organisation possesses a business strategy of building long term relationships with key customers within multiple countries globally. This appointment provides an opportunity to join a vibrant and fast moving business and contribute directly to its continued success.
How to apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Ellen Mezger at firstname.lastname@example.org