A prominent force within the Retail industry, our client is known for providing quality products to everyday consumers as well as businesses. Listed on the ASX, this business has gone from strength to strength, offering a dynamic and progressive organisational culture.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, your focus will be around the following:
- Managing all aspects of tax compliance from preparation and lodgement of monthly Payroll Tax, PAYG and BAS to monthly tax effect accounting (DTA/ DTL) and e2e preparation of annual FBT and consolidated Income Tax returns
- Be the voice of tax across the business providing timely advice (i.e. company, tax, FBT, sales taxes) and keeping up to date with any legislation changes
- Managing tax cashflow, budget and forecasting and developing strategies to maximise tax cash workflow as you are supporting the financial control team throughout the less intensive tax periods
- Previous experience in end to end preparation and lodgement of FBT return
- CPA / CA qualified with 2-5 years in tax related role
- Solid understanding and application of existing and new tax laws as they are applied to commercial business
- Pragmatic, can do attitude, happy to ‘get your hands dirty’ preparing FBT and income tax returns amongst others
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills comfortably explaining tax law in layman’s terms
- Experience working with high volume low value transactions and large sets of data
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Danielle Bower on 0473 489 543.