Reporting directly to the CFO you will form part of the leadership group and oversee the transactional accounting functions and financial reporting. You will be responsible for leading a mid-sized finance team of six, driving performance within required timeframes and engage with senior operational stakeholders to deliver accurate financial information, contributing to the profitability of the group by maintaining and implementing relevant controls around financial performance.
This role is being offered on an 18 month fixed term contract basis, to cover for the current incumbent who is going on maternity leave, with ample hand over provided on both sides of the assignment.
- Lead and manage a mid-sized finance team which includes a mix of transactional and accounting support professionals
- Full responsibility and ownership of consolidated financial reporting for the group
- Maintain and implement best practice processes with up to date knowledge of accounting standards
- Coordinate and deliver business unit budgeting/planning and group wide consolidation
- Manage statutory compliance functions including lodgement
- Identify areas for improvement and drive/implement process and system enhancements
Skills and Experience
- CA/CPA or equivalent qualification
- Relevant experience in a senior finance related role overseeing a similar size finance team/function
- Demonstrated success in improving financial reporting and controls
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder engagement abilities
- High level excel abilities
Sharp & Carter are proud to partner with this commercial organisation who are genuine leaders across their industry space, whilst always looking for opportunities which has led to solid organic growth and through acquisition. They have an impressive internal company culture of inclusiveness, personal development and growth and a corporate head office situated on the beautiful Gold Coast.
How to Apply
To apply please use the link below or for a confidential conversation please contact Daniel Careless on 0411 955 700 | firstname.lastname@example.org