We are currently partnering with a well-known and established logistics group with a national footprint. This organisation has been at the forefront of change and a driver of improvement in the industry for over 45 years. They hold strong values that guide their decisions and create the impressive culture they have today.
About the role:
Reporting to the State Manager and dotted line to the CFO, your role will be to lead financial reporting and commercial insights to the management team. This role requires excellent business partnering and relationship management skills to work closely with logistics staff, to improve performance and strategic planning.
- Cultivate and manage crucial business relationships for VIC Management success.
- Collaborate across departments to achieve organisational goals effectively.
- Analyse financial aspects of operations, identifying areas for improvement.
- Interpret and challenge key customer and supplier commercial terms for alignment.
- Drive accurate and timely financial forecasts for VIC profit centers.
- Improve efficiency and accuracy in financial reporting processes.
- Provide financial insights supporting decision-making and strategic planning.
- Act as a pivotal member of the State Management Team, contributing to enhancements.
- Oversee VIC accounts payable function and advocate for safe operational practices.
- Support CFO and Commercial Manager with project work and financial data preparation.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field; CPA or CA qualification required.
- Proven track record in building internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role, preferably with logistics or supply chain knowledge.
- Extensive experience providing financial insight in a large, complex organisation.
- Strong communication skills for both financial and non-financial audiences.
- Commercial awareness and expertise in business strategies for continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite and ideally experience with SAP.
- Long tenure of staff across the organisation, highlighting family feel culture.
- Exciting and complex business with national footprint.
- Partnering with senior leadership team and operational stakeholders.
- Western suburbs site location – 1 day working from home post probation.
- Competitive salary on offer depending on experience.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively contact Jessica Egan for a confidential discussion about your career – email@example.com. For other positions advertised by Sharp & Carter please go to www.sharpandcarter.com.au.
A cover letter is not required to be considered for this role.