Reporting directly to an exceptional business leader and GM of Corporate Services, you will form part of the senior leadership group and oversee all finance functions and reporting. You will be responsible for leading a sizeable finance team, driving performance by identifying improvement opportunities, guide/mentor and lead from the front through your well-developed people abilities. The role offers a mix of technical reporting and value adding through commercial strategy, thus requiring strong business acumen and high level stakeholder engagement skills.
Positioned as part of the leadership team, you will be responsible for a broad remit with 9 direct reports, encompassing financial accounting/reporting, analysis, management reporting, taxation and business partnering to influence decision making processes.
- Lead and manage the finance team and function, taking ownership of all internal and external reporting requirements
- Coordinate and deliver budgeting/planning and forward estimates
- Provide analytical and commercial insights/strategy to drive performance
- Ensure statutory reporting requirements are met and coordinate annual audit process
- Identify areas for improvement and implement process and system enhancements to create efficiencies
- Lead, mentor and develop finance team members
Skills and Experience
- CA/CPA or equivalent qualification
- Relevant experience in a similar senior finance related role
- Demonstrated success in improving financial reporting, controls and commercial insights
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder engagement abilities
Sharp & Carter are proud to partner with this local government council who are profitable and well placed to continue offering the community exceptional levels of service. They offer a collaborative and supportive work environment where new ideas and commercial insights are welcome and valued. Situated in the western darling downs region (Dalby), there is a long list of local attractions with a relocation package also on offer for the successful person.