The Head of Commercial is a senior leader and oversees all commercial activities for the organisation, ensuring it maximises all opportunities for profit generation available to it. The role is responsible for the overall management of the strategy and business planning which includes the leadership of the Commercial team, to ensure the achievement of the business objectives.
The role is responsible for leading key strategic decisions for the entire business, overseeing pricing and strategy functions and assisting the organisation to achieve greater efficiency and solve organisational problems.
Reporting to the General Manager, the main duties will include:
- Lead the development of the strategic plans and partner with teams across the business to develop and embed a dynamic strategy development process including the pricing strategy, which creates value for our customers and our shareholders
- Problem solve key strategic decisions, including identifying and assessing a problem or analysing a specific area of an organisation and formulating recommendations for improvement by presenting the case to key stakeholders including the Executive Team and the Board.
- Lead the business plan development which includes developing and presenting communication materials to ELT, Board and Shareholders.
- Oversee the review of contracts to ensure commerciality.
- Manage diverse teams across the business to develop and deliver the strategy and business plan.
- Ensure that assigned business analysis activities are conducted within agreed timeframes and cost parameters, ensuring that identified solutions provide efficiencies in business
- Identify opportunities for growth and performance improvement
- Risk assessment and analysis on change impact of new initiatives to stakeholders
- Lead the communication and engagement strategy to embed the business strategy and business plan across the organisation
- Provide commercial acumen to other stakeholders and business leaders developing objectives, strategies and plans aimed at achieving customer satisfaction and the efficient use of organisations' resources, including strategic thought leadership to drive business improvement.
- Assist in evaluation of current systems and structures of the organisation and where required, advise on business restructures and turnarounds
- Direct internal stakeholders towards more efficient organisation and develop solutions to organisational problems
- 10+ years of experience, including deep strategic problem-solving experience (6+ years) in Tier 1 management consulting, investment banking, or equivalent experience and additional experience in business of 3+ years
- Tertiary qualification in business or related discipline, MBA an advantage
- Experience and knowledge of infrastructure, and/or Energy sectors an advantage
- Strong consultative and entrepreneurial skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and communications skills with significant experience developing materials for and presenting to Executive and Board level audience
- Demonstrated experience in strategic and corporate planning, and analytical thinking.
- Well credentialed in providing strategic advice with a proven ability to take ownership of complex strategic cases
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire high performing teams
- Demonstrated project management capability to prioritise and manage multiple projects to develop and deliver the strategy
- Extensive experience working collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Career Development
- Driving the strategic direction of the business
- Leading a highly effective and dynamic team
- Business partnering focus
- Large growth mandate
- Excellent Benefits package
Established with national coverage, this organisation has only been operating for as short time but has taken the market by storm and fast becoming the leader within their field. With double digit growth, this is a real opportunity to join a great business with an exceptional leaderships team. Working within the Infrastructure and Energy industries, this appointment provides an opportunity to join a vibrant and fast-moving business and contribute directly to its continued success.
How to apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Leigh Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org