A brand new role within this industry leading business with a primary focus on developing and implementing effective human resources frameworks, policies and programs to ensure the organisation attracts, retains, develops and manages a highly engaged and committed workforce.
As a senior leader in the organisation, the Head of HR is responsible for providing both strategic and tactical leadership of the national Human Resources and Training functions and for developing, maintaining and continuously improving the standards and frameworks that underpin the businesses strong safety, compliance and learning culture.
The Head of HR will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of training programs processes and policies that support the Leaders to manage the onsite delivery of training and that provide our employees with the required capability to achieve safety, service, and operational performance outcomes for our clients.
The Head of HR plays a critical role in ensuring that the national training strategy for Australia is aligned with and supports all applicable client, regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Design and implement the HR strategy and core areas of the HR department including Recruitment, Employee Relations, Workforce Administration, Employee Engagement, Reward and Recognition, as well as maintaining and improving HR systems.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Provide reports on all areas of HR, Learning and Development, including the application of Employment Law, HR policy, best practice and workforce development.
- Advise and strategise on the development of effective employment policies across the company.
- Provide professional leadership, support and development to HR staff, in order to increase knowledge, share best practice and to ensure that relevant professional standards are met.
- Ensure that the company complies with current regulations, accepted professional standards, policies and procedures and legislation
- Drive the continuous improvement agenda with focus on engagement and welfare activities, maximising productivity, devolving HR responsibilities to line managers and building leadership capability.
- Lead by example and always be a role model for all expected employee and client safety behaviors and positively influence the safety culture of the business.
- Support Leaders to grow and develop their Workplace Trainers and create a culture that promotes continuous improvement and the sharing of good practice.
- Create a culture of teamwork and collaboration across the organisations Training community through regular communication, proactive engagement, and on-site visits.
- Provide leadership that promotes a culture that values equality, fairness, and transparency, with zero tolerance for bullying, discrimination, and harassment.