Our client is a highly regarded biopharmaceutical entity which is listed on the NASDAQ and which continues to go from strength to strength.
About the role:
The Head of Legal & Compliance role is responsible for legal and compliance across the ANZ business level as well as a broader leadership role within the local entity. The key element is to advise the ANZ business on a variety of legal and compliance topics acting as a business partner, facilitating the development of legal and compliant solutions.
- Support the General Manager + the local senior management team.
- Is an impactful and influencing member of the local ANZ Leadership team.
- Develops solutions to solve complex problems.
- Takes direct responsibility for appropriate matters including:
- Commercial and trade operations
- Regulatory affairs
- Medical affairs
- Clinical operations
- Market Access
- Specific therapeutic areas
- HR and ER issues
- Corporate governance
- Works collaboratively with other members of legal departments as well as internal client business partners.
- Sets appropriate priorities with client business partners and delivers results within the established timelines.
- Contributes to multidisciplinary and international projects, leads legal oriented projects, and takes responsibility for legal aspects of projects.
- Manages, leads, and further develops the ANZ Legal and Compliance team to achieve team and function priorities.
- Fully qualified lawyer in Australia
- You will be expected to be able to relocate to Melbourne
- Ideally 10+ years of industry or law firm experience.
- Experience in pharmaceuticals, biotech or other highly regulated industry preferred. Experience with PBS listing and negotiation would be advantageous
- Exceptional leadership skills
- An outstanding stakeholder engagement + management skill set
- Gravitas at Executive level
- In depth compliance grounding
- A collaborative management style
- A proven proactive approach to legal practice
How to apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Adam Kumaraswamy on 0414223338.