The Head of People & Culture will be an integral part of the Executive Leadership Team and the 250 valued individuals this company currently employs. You will be responsible for providing strategic and operational people and culture initiatives to the five existing brands and their individual visions, goals and organisational sub-cultures. Whilst this is an executive level position reporting to the Group CEO, you will be required to have a ‘start-up’ mindset, an open mind to agility, rapid change, and feel comfortable in flat, non-hierarchical organisational cultures. You will bring your ambition to achieve fresh and contemporary people initiatives, but also have the experience in building sophisticated people functions from the ground up. You will be an expert in delivering and maintaining high levels of human resources knowledge to a rapidly growing workforce across Australia and international markets. The successful candidate will be a creative thinker and view this role as the ultimate career journey.
About the Organisation
Sharp & Carter are excited to partner with this customer-centric, digital healthcare business that is changing over 200,000 Australian’s lives across five innovative brands. Their mission is to deliver healthcare to Australians with a level of care and depth that brings healthcare into the digital age. This team place the utmost importance on the health and wellbeing of the average person, creating personalised, engaging, convenient user experiences, and making healthcare fun and interesting. This organisation has a somewhat mature, sophisticated and established People & Culture function. They now require a Head of People to round out their value offering to staff, customers and the external market before a projected 80% growth in the next 12 months, nationally and internationally. You will join a team of contemporary and inspiring leaders who are entrepreneurial in nature, innovative and visionary and you will be encouraged to operate in the same way in leading the People & Culture function for this company.
- Partner with senior leaders and managers to develop the strategic people plan and ensure business decisions and processes are consistent with a high-performance and innovative culture, and are in line with the organisation’s culture promises across the five (current) individual brands;
- Implement attraction and selection strategies and initiatives aimed at identifying incredible talent in places others aren’t looking;
- Focus on Employer Value Proposition by crafting and telling a story that motivates and gives candidates an insight into the business, ensuring to win competitive talent that will capitalise on future business opportunities, as the business heads towards a complete remote working model;
- Leadership development which supports the best models for one-on-one coaching, creating tangible career paths and roles for people at different points of their careers, and group structures to develop managers;
- Support the delivery of organisational development and design solutions and design, learning and development programs to ensure an environment that fosters collaboration;
- Ensure that the values and interests of the customers are reflected across the organisation’s brands and creating a structure that can align with an evolving, rapidly scaling organisation – this will include the office and physical environment.
- Previous experience within a management consultancy environment combined with organisational design capability with scaling workforces around 200 to 500 headcount will come highly regarded;
- Demonstrated experience as a senior HR representative, manager or senior business partner managing an IT portfolio or within a professional services environment;
- Experience in a start-up environment with rapid scale, you will have built a people and culture function from scratch and understand the challenges of an environment with a dispersed and remote workforce;
- An attested ability to engage, influence and contribute to organisational strategy and translating that strategy into operational deliverables via a broad range of stakeholders, across multiple brands;
- Balanced style to be agile and adaptive through organisational change, whilst understanding organisational or department maturity and readiness for change;
- Strong influencing and coaching style that can be translated as contemporary, visionary and relatable to a workforce that is morphing and changing with modern times.
If your next move aligns with this position, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. Sharp & Carter will be in touch with all applicants and shortlisting will commence immediately for this position. For a confidential conversation about this job opportunity, please reach out to Haylea Smith – Manager Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.