The HR Manager is a stand-alone HR role that partners with the Executive team and is responsible for the HR function. This strategic and operational role implements processes and procedures to achieve strategic business objectives as outlined in the clients Strategic Corporate Plan, supports management with all employee relations matters, facilitates training and development activities for the wider businesses, works strategically with the Executive team to drive employee engagement and a high-performance culture. The role is responsible for the Culture Change Journey within the wider market site.
- Culture Change Lead responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the culture change strategy and interventions for the client, and ensuring these interventions are on time, on budget, and within scope. Leading and managing the project team, managing service providers, responsible for communication, reporting and measuring the impact of the culture on market operations and environment.
- Proactively leads and supports regular and routine cyclical HR activities as well as responds to business needs adopting a professional, informed and principles based approach.
- Manages the annual performance management framework, including goal setting, reviews and bonuses.
- Develops and assists in the implementation of policies, procedures and systems to achieve business objectives.
- Provides advice, coaching and support to business leaders with regards to employee relation matters including performance management and disciplinary action, conducting workplace investigations and EA interpretation and advice. Maintains currency of knowledge on HR issues and legislation.
- Remuneration and Reward, including the clients Health and Wellbeing Program, employee benefits, EAP program and team building.
- Training and development, including facilitating relevant training and development activities, continuing the management team program, supporting employees with career and development planning and managing the L&D budget.
- Assist business leaders in the development and implementation of strategies that encourage and promote employee engagement and a high performing culture, including management of annual employee survey.
- Organisational design and change management
- Workers compensation, OH&S and RTW policies and processes.
- Recruitment and talent management
- Manages the employee drug and alcohol testing
- Administer and prepare employee contracts and relevant paperwork. Effective management of employment arrangements and records.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a HR Senior Generalist position, partnering at executive or senior leader level. Preferably has experience in a stand-alone HR role.
- Experienced in culture change strategy and initiatives
- In-depth understanding of legislation, Enterprise Agreements, Awards and employment case law
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources Management or equivalent
- Strong communication skills and experience guiding line managers through HR matters
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously as well as in a collaborative team
- Ability to influence and negotiate effective outcomes with a broad range of stakeholders
Our client was established in the mid 90's and operates the largest wholesale fruit, vegetable and flower wholesaler in Australia. Around 1500 separate businesses operate within our client, and there are approximately 10,000 access cardholders. It is estimated that $2 billion of fresh produce is traded through our client every year.
How to Apply
If your next move aligns with this position, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. For a confidential discussion around your career or more information on this role, please call Bridgette Meaden - 0484 381 458