Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, you will be responsible for the delivery of key HR services and support to all front-line and head office staff. You will work as an effective business partner and coach to the leadership team to ensure a positive organisational culture, aligned to the organisation’s values. You will be a key driver and leader in ensuring the effective implementation and change of HR strategies, policies and processes whilst recognising and accommodating the interdependencies across the business units. This position is an exciting opportunity for a Senior HR Advisor or HR Business Partner who is seeking a management path in their Human Resources career. The position is based in Alexandria in inner Sydney and has one direct report, the Human Resources Coordinator.
- Provide advice, support and coaching to managers and staff across a range of employee related issues including performance and disciplinary matters helping managers to proactively manage concerns;
- Collaborate with the Head of Human Resources on the development of HR and business strategies, including employee engagement, retention, recruitment, training, learning and development;
- Be the escalation point for all HR and payroll requests and queries, and implement various strategic initiatives including ownership of HR and payroll business improvement projects;
- Oversee the Workplace Health & Safety function for Head Office and Stores;
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment process, ensuring timely information to managers and identifying new and innovative ways to attract and retain talent;
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the Retail Award and the employment laws governing the management of staff.
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, Employment Relations or related business discipline;
- Demonstrated experience in a HR generalist position within a fast-paced, multi-site environment;
- Experience across end-to-end payroll processing and award interpretation, and previous experience managing direct reports;
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and a confident and approachable coaching style.
Our client owns some of Australia’s most iconic retail brands and boasts a very strong working culture where employee retention is high and new and innovative ideas are encouraged. Based in the Sydney Head Office in Alexandria, you will also provide support to retail operations across NSW, QLD, VIC and WA. You will join a very impressive team of individuals who will offer ample support and career growth as the company grows.
How to Apply
If your next move aligns with this position, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. Sharp & Carter will be in touch with all applicants and shortlisting will commence immediately for this position.