Purpose of role:
The Application Support Specialist is responsible for overseeing and providing technical support along with functional support for Applications (Kronos, Micropay & LMS – Learning Management Systems) used within the organisation. This role involves ensuring the smooth operation of these software applications providing timely support, troubleshooting issues, resolving technical issues or inquiries related to the applications whilst contributing to the continuous improvement of the application platform performance.
- Provide technical support to end-users, addressing application-related issues and inquiries.
- Diagnose and resolve application issues, errors or discrepancies within the application ensuring minimal disruption to end users with daily operations.
- Log and track support requests, incidents, and service requests within the ticketing system, maintaining accurate and up-to-date records.
- Collaborate with development and IT teams to ensure seamless application updates and changes.
- Monitor application performance and initiate proactive measures to prevent disruptions.
- Create and maintain documentation, knowledge base articles, and user guides and share best practices with team members and end users.
- Participate in training sessions for end-users, facilitating effective application usage.
- Stay current with application software updates and new features, testing and deploying changes while ensuring compatibility with the organization's systems and processes.
- Ensure application usage aligns with relevant industry regulations and company policies, particularly regarding data security and privacy.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and software applications.
- Proven experience in supporting business-critical applications.
- Strong knowledge of application functionality, configurations, and integration capabilities.
- Experience in managing and prioritizing support requests and incidents using a ticketing system, adhering to service level agreements (SLAs)..
- Working collaboratively with cross-functional teams, IT staff, vendors, and third-party providers to resolve complex issues and improve system performance.
- Experience in managing and implementing software updates, upgrades, and patches while ensuring compatibility with existing systems and data.
- Understanding of ITIL best practices is a plus.
- A customer-focused approach with an emphasis on delivering high-quality support.
For more information about this role or a confidential discussion please reach out to Max on 0423220107 or at firstname.lastname@example.org