Reporting to the CEO, you will deliver high level human resources and industrial support to approximately 150 employees across the Asia Pacific region. This is a very generalist, hands-on management position and will have specific focus on and oversight of workforce planning, transactional HR services including payroll, performance management, workplace health and safety including workers compensation and return to work, learning and development and training, and industrial and employment relations. This position requires an experienced, resilient, and self-sufficient individual who can operate autonomously and ensure the delivery of HR services and initiatives are closely aligned with the organisation’s vision and goals. The position can offer working flexibility for the successful candidate, as well as the opportunity to take ownership of a HR function which will grow as the organisation scales.
- Partner with organisational leaders and managers to develop the strategic people plan and ensure business decisions and processes are consistent with a high-performance culture, and are in line with the company’s culture promise of humility and passion;
- Implement end-to-end talent and recruitment strategies and initiatives aimed at improving operational workforce turnover, employee satisfaction, and productivity that can better capitalise on future business opportunities;
- Maintain positive and proactive industrial relations across sites that reflect contemporary, evidence-based approaches and meet legislative requirements;
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues; conduct effective and objective investigations, provide day-to-day performance management guidance to management (coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions) driving positive changes in the management of people and performance improvement;
- Identify key training needs, develop annual training programs and facilitate the delivery of the programs across the business;
- Develop and maintain payroll reporting processes and procedures and the payroll system with a focus on upholding industrial and legislative compliance and requirements, and ensure a high standard of data integrity for the purposes of reporting and data analysis.
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, Employment/Industrial Relations or related business management discipline;
- Highly developed understanding of industrial relations, complex employment relations, enterprise bargaining and the ability to interpret and work to employment legislation across various Australian states and countries within the Asia Pacific region;
- Demonstrated experience as a Human Resources Manager with an attested ability to engage, influence and contribute to organisational strategy and translating that strategy into operational deliverables via a broad range of stakeholders;
- Balanced style to be agile and adaptive through organisational change, whilst understanding organisational or department maturity and readiness for change;
- Strong business partnering and coaching style that can be relatable to frontline staff all the way up to the executive and senior leadership teams.
Our client is known for their rich history spanning 40 years in the industrial equipment supply sector in Australia and internationally in the Americas, and across Asia. They pride themselves on their connection with their customers and put the consumer at the heart of all business operations. This organisation will offer a passionate HR Manager the opportunity to work in a hard-working team who hold themselves accountable to the highest standard. Outside of being market leaders in the blasting and coating industry, our client are a group of compassionate individuals who take pride in assisting those in need through financial donations, distributing materials, employee volunteer events and assistance with fundraising. The senior leadership team has now taken the opportunity to appoint a Human Resources Manager to lead the people and culture in a permanent, full-time capacity and seek an individual really wanting to own a HR function and be an integral part of a senior leadership team.
How to Apply
If your next move aligns with this position, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. Sharp & Carter will be in touch with all applicants and shortlisting will commence immediately for this position. For further questions relating to this opportunity, please contact Haylea Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.