Our client is a successful manufacturer of hoses used in hydraulics and fluid transfer systems used within the industrial, mining and commercial industries across Australia and overseas.
About the role
My client is currently searching for an intrinsically motivated technical internal sales engineer to assist customers in providing technical estimations and quotes for their customer base. The predominant focus for this role will be to service and development of an existing customer base coupled with a series of inventory management responsibilities.
- Responding to customer queries and formulating quotes in order to develop and service an established customer base
- Completion of inventory upkeep including stock level review and re-ordering
- Keep records of sales enquiries, leads, pipeline in the Company’s CRM system
- Constant development of product and market knowledge understanding
- Execution of administration and database development duties
- Complete some external calls to generate new business
- Meeting KPI’s and achieving/exceeding sales and cost budgets.
- High level of interpersonal skills and a strong customer service focus
- Engaging personality and the ability to communicate to a variety of personalities
- Ideal position for an engineering professional looking to evolve from ‘on the tools’ work and establish themselves within a technical sales space
- A level of technical aptitude surrounding hydraulics and fluid transfer systems highly beneficial
- Previous experience with AUTOCAD or welding services would be highly advantageous
- $70k Base + Super
- Strong organisational structure and job stability
- Rapidly growing market leader operating nationally
- Potential scope to progress into a field sales role in the future