Founded over 50 years ago, our Client has a long history as a trusted provider of health and wellbeing services to Australian, New Zealand and global organisations across all industries and sizes. They partner with organisations to create programs that truly provide "real care" to assist people in their everyday lives.
About the role
Reporting to the C-suite you will be a trusted advisor and key part of the corporate services team. A diverse role, where you will play a true generalist function, some of the activties you will encounter in the position are:
- Reviewing tender proposals and contracts, and identifying legal issues and risks in existing business operations and new business initiatives.
- Negotiation of tender / contracts to ensure legal risks are managed in accordance with company risk appetite and sound governance practices.
- Provision of ad hoc advice and assistance to staff on contractual and legal matters.
- Supporting development, implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures and compliance programs to promote business
understanding of legal rights and obligations and a
culture of compliance.
- liaise with external legal counsel regarding complex employment law and company law/regulations.
You could be thinking about that first move in house, or an existing Legal Counsel seeking to contribute to a role with real meaning and purpose. Some of the attributes that wil help you succeed in this role are:
- Comfortable with commercial contracts, and delivering advice in a pragmatic fashion
- Ability or want to manage a team in the future
- Highly autonomous with the ability to manage workflows
This role is exclusive to Sharp & Carter Legal