|Job title :||Level 2 System Administrator|
|Job type :||Permanent or Full Time|
|Job reference :||1270530|
Sharp and Carter are working in partnership with a great not for profit that are search for a Level 1 System Administrator. This organisation specialises in providing positive outcomes for a variety of social issues. Based in Brisbane, this organisation has an exceptional reputation for protecting and providing solutions nationally for some of societies most vulnerable
The Systems Administrator – Level 2 is responsible for tier 2 support and maintenance of various systems with regard to policy and processes in the Information Technology team. The successful candidate contributes as an integral member of the Information Technology group and supports activities aligned with the strategic direction of and consistent with the mission and values of the organisation.
1. Proactive maintenance of applications; application user maintenance (users, user groups and record security level); undertake yearly audit of user relevance; preference maintenance and system maintenance.
2. Develop and run test cases and record results.
3. Test and install upgrades and fixes, complete and coordinate software testing.
4. Utilise T-SQL to query databases, troubleshoot and resolve issues within software speciality.
1. Work collaboratively with others to facilitate achievement of organisational strategies and delivery of high-quality services.
2. Ensure associated legislative and external reporting requirements are met.
3. Work collaboratively with others to shape the culture and morale of the workforce within area of responsibility and ensure a culture consistent with the organisation’s mission and values.
4. Work with the relevant manager to ensure policies and procedures are communicated to and implemented by staff; provide advice, reports and recommendations on matters for which the role is responsible; provide advice, reports and recommendations on relevant matters.
5. Ensure financial targets in areas of responsibility are met; comply with acquittal and funding agreement requirements and ensure corrective action is implemented.
6. Deliver a high standard of client service to all stakeholders; contribute to review, assessment and evaluation of service delivery and promote best practice; achieve key performance indicators for service level agreements, risk management, budgets and savings targets.
• Degree qualification Information Systems or similar field or equivalent experience.
• Ability to use T-SQL to query databases and troubleshoot.
• Minimum two years’ relevant experience in systems administration.
• Employment history with a not-for-profit organisation.
• Experience with T-SQL.
• Experience with Power Platform including Power BI Power Automate and Power Apps
• Advanced computer skills with the ability to use Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.