The position is responsible for developing and maintaining the Standard Operation Environment for our clients cutting edge products. This role will work closely with various technical and engineering teams.
The Linux OS Development Engineer will be working in an Agile/DevOps team enhancing and ensuring the products meets Information Assurance and Cyber Security requirements.
- Implementing custom changes in backend systems to support customer requirements
- Programming applications, reports, and tools to automate repetitive tasks
- Provisioning, maintenance and design of production systems
- Provisioning new systems
- Releasing software onto production systems
- Looking at a combination of data, source code and logs to resolve bugs and incidents, whilst working with the developers to achieve a solution
Skills and experience required:
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins
- Experience with Puppet, Ansible or Chef. Puppet experience is desirable
- Experience with a ticketing, bug tracking solution, JIRA, bugtraq, QAComplete or similar.
- RedHat Certified Engineer or RedHat Certified Systems Administrator is desirable
- Extensive RedHat Enterprise Linux 7 or CentOS 7 experience is desirable.
- Experience in Windows 10 administration
- Operational Experience (Upgrades, Patches, Scaling, Infrastructure Planning),
- Core Internet protocols – TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP, DNS, IPSEC, TLS
- Apache, Tomcat, Postfix
- Software Packaging and Repositories – rpm, yum, apt, CPAN, pip etc
- Monitoring Applications – Nagios/Icinga
- SQL RDBMS – PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Scripting - bash, python, php, ruby, Powershell. Ruby and Python experience is desirable
- Experience with ESX and VMWare Workstation
- Experience working in a team of enthusiastic, technology focussed professionals.
- Experience in defining and meeting software requirements
- Experience in delivering system with an Information Assurance and Cyber Security focus
Apply now or contact Vincent Cote Boucher at email@example.com for more information.