About The Role
This is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring Payroll Manager to join a company who has a strong market reputation in their industry. It would be suited to a Payroll Manager who has experience managing a small team, or a Senior Payroll Officer looking for a step up into their first managerial role. Please note - This role is a contract to perm opportunity and as such, only candidates on a short notice period or who are immediately available will be eligible for consideration for this role.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to;
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data
- Manage the end to end payroll processing for approximately 500 employees
- Managing & supervising 1 payroll officer
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes
- Pays employees by directing electronic transfers to bank accounts
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports and ad hoc reporting as requested
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and payroll tax and compliance obligations
- Supervise and coach payroll team
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests
The Successful Candidate
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following;
- High level of current technical knowledge relating to payroll and related legislation and policies regarding taxation, FBT, Superannuation, payroll tax & (both state and federal legislations).
- Ability to interpret awards and relevant legislation
- Experience with any employee self-service payroll web portal
- A customer service attitude: Excellent interpersonal skills
- Prior experience and understanding of processing 'Portable Long Service Leave'
- Strong experience with Micropay & Connx
- Attractive remuneration package
- Great leadership opportunity for someone looking for their next step
- Contract to permanency
- Flexible work - split between home/office.
To apply please click on the link provided. Alternatively, please contact Jacinta Coyne via email: firstname.lastname@example.org