Sharp & Carter has been exclusively engaged by well-established and privately-owned Australian Educational Institution that has a long and rich history. Our partnership looks to source a strong Payroll Officer to join their fast-paced, supportive and friendly team.
Our client is a highly regarded employer, both from a professional and cultural perspective. The business values a high performing team environment, whilst constantly challenging their processes and improving their efficiency. Renowned for their reputation amongst families, teachers and students, this business will provide you the opportunity to make a crucial difference with their back office finance operations.
- End to end payroll processing
- Processing of time sheets
- weekly, fortnightly and monthly payroll
- Provide payroll advice and communicate guidelines and policies to internal customers
- Support the Payroll Manager in maintaining the staff database and recording leave entitlements for staff
- Supporting preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual, census and ad-hoc returns to extinguish statutory obligations in relation to superannuation, Australia Bureau Statistics, Department of Education and Training Victoria, Australian Taxation Office, and Work Cover
- Ensure adherence and demonstrate behaviors in accordance with the School’s Child Safety Code of Conduct, including the Child Safe Standards
- Any adhoc duties requested by the Payroll Manager.
- good working knowledge of relevant Employment Awards and National Employment Standards
- high attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in working with payroll systems
- Strong customer service and stakeholder management skills
- Experience with a schooling system would be ideal
- Current driver’s license and Employment Working With Children Check
- Parking on site
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the link provided. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, contact Sam Bearham-Jones via email - SBJones@sharpandcarter.com.au