|Job title :||Payroll Officer|
|Job type :||Permanent or Full Time|
|Contact name :||Candace Page|
|Job reference :||PAS1134|
My client have an exciting opportunity for a payroll officer with experience to join their team environment managing an end to end weekly payroll process. The company themselves are a popular food business, well known for producing mouthwatering meals!
They boast a high performing and well regarded company culture, offering their staff a flexible working arrangement, career progression and development opportunities.
Please note they do have a preference to a candidate who has experience using CHRIS21.
Reporting into the Manager, you will be responsible for but not limited to;
• Maintain Payroll information in a current and accurate form.
• Process end to end weekly payroll.
• Preparation of payroll reports for managers and finance.
• Prepare and remit superannuation contributions ensuring that statutory requirements are met.
• Provide support and information on superannuation, employee benefits, termination and redundancy calculations.
• Coordinate the payment of the store-based Incentive Program every 6 months.
• Assist the Payroll Manager with end of month processing for finance.
• Assist the Payroll Manager with end of year processing and reconciliation including payment summaries.
• Maintaining the Timeteq rostering system for stores.
• Provide insight and advice regarding payroll and rostering practices and systems to recommend changes and improvements.
• Conduct payroll system audits regularly to ensure all employees are being paid correct level.
• Assist with Worker’s Compensation claims
• Manage Federal Government Paid Parental Leave scheme including liaising with Department of Human Services for allocated stores.
• Will act as the primary payroll officer in the absence of the Payroll Manager, which will incorporate processing payroll across the Support Centre and other company brands.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and personal attributes;
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar payroll environment
• Detailed understanding of tax, superannuation and employment law
• CHRIS21 experience is highly desirable with the ability to make improvements to processing, reporting and functionality
• Ability to identify potential issues
• Good understanding of awards and enterprise agreements with the ability to
interpret them is preferable
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills to interact with all levels of employees and stakeholders
If you possess the required skillset and are interested in learning more please click on the link and follow the prompts to apply. Alternatively and for a confidential discussion please contact Candace Page via email Cpage@sharpandcarter.com.au