Based in the south eastern suburbs, our client are a national foodservice distributor and have an exciting vacancy for a Payroll Officer to join their team on a permanent full time basis.
This role would suit a candidate who is comfortable building relationships with various stakeholders, and who has previous experience working in a high volume payroll function, with a sound understanding of complexities with EBA's.
The company itself are wonderful to work for and boast a collaborative team environment within their Finance Department, and have flexible working arrangements offered to staff, to support you in whichever way you best prefer to operate.
Reporting into the Payroll Manager, you will work in an end to end payroll function within a team 6 fellow payroll colleagues. You will be responsible for but not limited to;
- Process the weekly and monthly payroll (including the interpretation and application of various awards)
- Ensure relevant statutory documentation and payments are completed (superannuation, payroll tax, Work Cover and PAYG)
- Lead the month end process for payroll including reporting and journals
- Maintenance of work cover policies and declarations
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of systems and processes
- Payroll systems testings for any changes that have a direct impact to payroll processing
- Supporting the payroll projects including implementation
- Adhoc requests from Human Resources and Finance
- Experience within a high volume payroll function
- Strong technical and practical payroll skills ideally gained through working in a medium sized organisation with various awards.
- Strong attention to details and intermediate excel skills
- Ability to navigate through complexities of award agreements and manual processes
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to deliver on goals
- Strong and effective communication skills through all levels of the business
- Customer focused approach and resilient to changing environments.
- Proven ability to work effectively autonomously as well as in a team environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and advisors whilst promoting and supporting change
- Ideally have had some exposure to the FMCG industry, but not essential
- Exposure to Preceda & Kronos will be highly desirable
- Work for a global and well regarded company
- Flexible working arrangement in place
- Cross functional role
- Career growth
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Jackson Schneider via email email@example.com