|Job title :||Payroll Officer|
|Location :||East Melbourne|
|Job reference :||1037041|
Our client is seeking a Payroll Officer to join their Payroll department in this newly created, full time permanent position.
While working closely and reporting into a supportive Payroll Manager, you will have the autonomy to drive your work and make this role your own.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for, but not limited to the following;
- Ensure data entry is processed accurately throughout the month/year to meet agreed deadlines for fortnightly pay runs and year-end processing.
- Ensure all forms of employee records in Kronos and Time and Attendance, including leave (annual, sick and long service leave), maternity leave etc in the system are accurate, verified and approved by managers.
- Ensure accurate payments are made to all employees on a fortnightly basis.
- Provide excellent customer service for all payroll enquiries, ensuring prompt service/resolution with employee issues/concerns.
- Processing of addition ad hoc payments eg Bonus payments and Commissions are accurately calculated and entered correctly.
- Provide accurate and prompt administration service to ensure smooth running of the payroll deliverables, includes filing, photocopying, data input, reports, documents and statistics.
- Maintenance of payroll files and records, including regular filing and correspondences and forms.
- Understanding, interpreting and applying the relevant awards for the business.
- Keeping up to date with knowledge of legislation that affects the business and applying as required.
The Successful Candidate
- Full function Payroll - Minimum 3 years experience
- Excellent communication skills and customer service
- High level of organization, accuracy and efficiency
- High degree of initiative and enthusiasm
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team
- Prioritize tasks efficiently and manage time effectively
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Work with minimal supervision
- Work under pressure and manage deadlines
- Skills in practical application of computerized payroll systems – preferably Pronto or Kronos.
How to Apply
To apply please click on the link and follow the prompts. Alternatively, if you've dealt with a Sharp & Carter consultant within the last 12 months, please get in touch with Candace Page directly via email Cpage@sharpandcarter.com.au or 0418 630 526.