Sharp & Carter have partnered with a large client in the Brisbane northern suburbs to recruit a temporary Payroll Officer to commence immediately. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for processing weekly payroll. Working in a supportive and friendly payroll team, you will be encouraged and challenged throughout the assignment duration.
- Manage the processing of the weekly payroll cycles of an employee base of more than 1000 of both salary and award employees;
- Provide advice through accurate award and EBA interpretation;
- Manage varying complex payroll calculations in relation to terminations, redundancies, entitlements and deductions, and completing necessary compliance documentation;
- Review payroll data from the time and attendance system from the various locations throughout Australia;
- Complete month-end and year-end processes including reconciliations and reporting;
- Leading a small team in payroll to ensure their success and career growth;
- Monitoring of practices and processes in payroll to ensure they comply with all statutory requirements and industrial awards.
- Experience processing payroll in a large organisation with an employee base exceeding 1000 of both salary and award employees;
- Prior experience interpreting EBA and awards and offering accurate information to the organisation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to liaise confidently with colleagues;
- High attention to detail and level of accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience using Preceda is desirable, not essential.
This organisation is currently experiencing a busy period and are seeking the talents of a Payroll Officer to assist their payroll function. With a modern and professional environment and a friendly and supportive employee base, this is a fantastic opportunity to work with like-minded individuals in their payroll function.
How to Apply
If this position aligns with your next career move, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. For more information about this opportunity, please call Antonia Teale - Principal Consultant Accounting Clerical for a confidential discussion.
0491 257 346