An open opportunity for a conscientious Payroll Officer looking to expand their skill-set in a high volume, dynamic organisation as they have recently taken on a number of employees to their payroll from a new entity. This person will be experienced with Payroll & comfortable answering employee queries. The role is ongoing on a casual basis, the preference would be part-time (3-4 days) however would consider a candidate who is looking for full time hours. There is a good chance the role may transition into a permanent appointment as well.
- Process time sheets, including overtime for casuals etc
- Process staff movements including new starters, departures and other movements
- Process bonuses and salary sacrifice requests, and checking to ensure payments have been made accurately
- Approve all leave types (applying firms policies and processes)
- Preparing manual payments when required
- Respond to all customer queries (face to face, telephone, email)
- Apply payroll knowledge, knowledge of company policies and procedures and problem solving skills to provide a quality response
- Assisting Finance team on queries and reports
- Previous experience using a large payroll system, ideally Sage Micropay
- Experience with a wide range of EBAs and Awards
- Strong Excel and numeracy skills
- Prior experience working in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills
Please submit your CV via the link provided. For additional enquiries please reach out to Jacinta Coyne at: email@example.com. Please note this role is an immediate start; therefore only candidates who are immediately available or at 1 week notice period will be suitable.