Our client is a highly regarded manufacturing business with products sure to be found in most Australian homes. They are in an unrivalled market leading position and are continuing to grow their national footprint. With a commitment to bringing dynamic people into the organisation this promises to be an excellent opportunity for an experienced Plant Accountant to excel in a true value-add role based in the inner north-western Suburbs of Melbourne.
The is a site based role located at their Port Wakefield manufacturing facility (1 hour drive, north-west of Adelaide) and you will be reporting directly to the Financial Controller. In this role you will be responsible for partnering with a range of operational stakeholders, providing value adding accounting advice and support. Specifically, your duties will include:
- Provide finance business partnering support to site-based stakeholders
- Prepare progress budget reports on quarterly basis for senior management
- Assist with the preparation and collation of the plant budgets
- Provide finance business partnering support stakeholders around financial control matters
- Preparation of monthly financial reports - balance sheet, P&L, management reports and cashflow statements
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of financial transactions within the GL
- Maintaining chart of accounts
- Completion of GST requirements
- Ensure accounting is in accordance with statutory requirements
- Assist with Group’s financial and reporting process
- Completion of the monthly accruals, journals, fixed assets, and depreciation schedules
- Coordinates inventory counts with operations in month end reconciliation
- Supervision of site level accounts payable and receivable
- Ad hoc duties and projects required
The successful candidate will be CA/CPA qualified, you have developed a strong financial accounting experience in a large, diversified FMCG or Manufacturing environment. The use of SAP or any large ERP system will be highly advantageous. Additionally, you will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to easily relate to people at a variety of levels within a business. You are proactive by nature and are eager to take on a role where stakeholder engagement is a key focus.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Jonathon Prince.