6-month Full time fixed term with view to extend
This business boasts a well-recognised and established brand, and is a market leader with a national footprint, providing project focused services to the wider community.
About the Role
This is a unique opportunity to be part a dynamic team to deliver the Power BI project including developing dashboards, visualization, reporting tools, conduct data analysis and generate ad hoc reports from a range of data sources all in Power BI.
The Power BI Developer will be a key function to enhance and mature the Power BI implementation project. Working closely with diverse team, you will be supporting the business with their KPI development, dashboard creations, data visualisations and reporting needs.
You will bring the ability to understand what the business is trying to achieve to produce fit for purpose reports that drive the right action and business outcomes. The position provides technical expertise with Power BI design, development, testing and deployment.
Responsibilities and experience required:
- Develop Power BI reports, dashboards and visualisations to meet specified business requirements including an approach to self-service reporting;
- Develop design principles for dashboard and report development;
- Develop SQL scripts (where required) to curate transactional datasets from systems and data from other sources;
- Present concise data visualisation products to business and management;
- Prepare supporting documentation specific to Power BI report creation including measure definitions, architecture structure and setup guides;
- Train and coach the team in good practice report and dashboard development;
- Experienced in developing Power BI reports, visualisations, dashboards, scorecards in a data warehousing environment.
- Experience supporting organisations to get started on their PowerBI implementation, particularly the design, best practice and change management aspects
- Proficient with MS SQL Server from 2005 to 2016
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency with T-SQL to write queries and extract data