Our client is an equipment hire business with more than 50 years’ experience in their industry on a global platform. Their local operations cover Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific. They are currently seeking a Purchasing Officer to temporarily join their high performing team located in Braeside along the South East.
This role is reporting to the Supply Chain Team Leader.
Your role will include but not be limited to the following duties:
- Raising of Purchase Orders across Australian and South Pacific region.
- Ensure group purchasing policy and procedures are adhered to
- Set KPI’s from requisition to Purchase Orders are achieved
- Deliver cost saving targets
- Working with designated suppliers to ensure most commercial and practical solutions are provided, this may include supplier ‘switching’ and or rationalization
- Analyze supplier quotations
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Liaise closely with all other internal functions to ensure best purchasing practices
- Continuous improvement of ‘housekeeping’ standards with regards to the maintenance of price data and resolution of queries generated by suppliers and internal customers
- Communicate with vendors to resolve problems related to on-time delivery or quality of supplies and invoice queries
- Ensure requested inventory\services are delivered on time and expedite overdue purchase orders with suppliers
- Coordination with Workshop/Stores and sites on various purchasing related issues
- Comply with all QHS&E policies and procedures. Maintaining a clean, tidy work area and a healthy and safe working environment
- Proven experience within a high paced, administration related work environment
- Proficient Computer skills in MS Office – Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven high accuracy data entry skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Work for a well renowned business
- Located in Braeside
- Free car parking on site
- Great learning opportunity!
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sam Bearham-Jones via email - SBJones@sharpandcarter.com.au